3Com USR 56 k Sportster modems.
Add Reply
p***@easthope.ca
2024-04-24 22:45:23 UTC
Hello again,

I have two or three USR Sportster modems. Well made and would
probably work for decades if need be.

Seems somewhat wasteful to recycle. Is there a practical current use?

Thanks, ... P.
John Robertson
2024-04-25 05:19:18 UTC
Post by p***@easthope.ca
Hello again,
I have two or three USR Sportster modems. Well made and would
probably work for decades if need be.
Seems somewhat wasteful to recycle. Is there a practical current use?
Thanks, ... P.
Small space heaters?

John ;-#)#
p***@easthope.ca
2024-04-25 18:14:24 UTC
Post by John Robertson
Small space heaters?
Ha, ha.

Yep, the unfortunate reality for so much old equipment. =8~/

... P.

legg
2024-04-25 15:02:25 UTC
Post by p***@easthope.ca
Hello again,
I have two or three USR Sportster modems. Well made and would
probably work for decades if need be.
Seems somewhat wasteful to recycle. Is there a practical current use?
Thanks, ... P.
Don't they plug into a laptop PCMCIA port?

That could be the issue, re continued deployment anywhere.

RL
jim whitby
2024-04-25 17:51:15 UTC
Post by legg
Post by p***@easthope.ca
Hello again,
I have two or three USR Sportster modems. Well made and would probably
work for decades if need be.
Seems somewhat wasteful to recycle. Is there a practical current use?
Thanks, ... P.
Don't they plug into a laptop PCMCIA port?
NO. They (are) were standalone modems with 25 pin connectors and a phone
jack. Dip switch settings, About 7 inches by 4 inches by 1 inch. Wall wart
Power.
--
Jim Whitby

Sanity returns (in most cases) when the book is closed.
Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness
Mageia release 9 (Official) for x86_64
6.6.28-server-1.mga9