Kaussmann heat pump.
p***@easthope.ca
2024-02-11 03:53:39 UTC

A friend has a Kaussmann heat pump in her home.
It produces a noticeable but not loud whine.

Heated air is dispersed by a centrifugal fan with squirrel cage about
80 cm long x 9 cm diameter. The blades are about 1 cm wide and 10 cm
long. 10 cm x 8 segments = 80 cm.

One of the blades is missing from the rightmost segment of the
squirrel cage and that may be the source of the whine.

According to the owner, Kaussmann is defunct. Any ideas about repair?

Thanks, ... P.
jim whitby
2024-02-11 05:50:32 UTC
Post by p***@easthope.ca
Hi,
A friend has a Kaussmann heat pump in her home.
It produces a noticeable but not loud whine.
Heated air is dispersed by a centrifugal fan with squirrel cage about 80
cm long x 9 cm diameter. The blades are about 1 cm wide and 10 cm long.
10 cm x 8 segments = 80 cm.
One of the blades is missing from the rightmost segment of the squirrel
cage and that may be the source of the whine.
According to the owner, Kaussmann is defunct. Any ideas about repair?
Thanks, ... P.
No promises....
Try <www.minisplitwarehouse.com>
--
Jim Whitby

Make a wish, it might come true.
----------------------
Mageia release 9 (Official) for x86_64
6.6.14-server-2.mga9 unknown
----------------------
p***@easthope.ca
2024-02-11 15:17:44 UTC
Post by jim whitby
No promises....
Try <www.minisplitwarehouse.com>
Thanks Jim.

Apology for my duplicated message. I had a bit of trouble with the
news client here.

Thx, ... P.
ehsjr
2024-02-11 18:09:10 UTC
Post by p***@easthope.ca
Hi,
A friend has a Kaussmann heat pump in her home.
It produces a noticeable but not loud whine.
Heated air is dispersed by a centrifugal fan with squirrel cage about
80 cm long x 9 cm diameter. The blades are about 1 cm wide and 10 cm
long. 10 cm x 8 segments = 80 cm.
One of the blades is missing from the rightmost segment of the
squirrel cage and that may be the source of the whine.
According to the owner, Kaussmann is defunct. Any ideas about repair?
Thanks, ... P.
That missing blade might be correct. It could be that
there is a set screw holding the squirrel cage assembly
to the fan motor shaft accessible where (and because)
the blade is missing. I'm speculating, not sure.

Ed