do wirelss printers require wifi
v***@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com
2024-02-26 14:41:59 UTC
My wireless printer shows up on my debian.ubintu/caelinux and android
devices, but they don't seem to know to print to it.

Must I get a wifi router?
--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
Dan Purgert
2024-02-26 15:21:34 UTC
Post by v***@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com
My wireless printer shows up on my debian.ubintu/caelinux and android
devices, but they don't seem to know to print to it.
Must I get a wifi router?
Gotta have a wifi network to talk to a device over WiFi...

Some models *may* offer their own WiFi or NFC network for "WiFi Direct"
printing. Check your manual.
--
|_|O|_|
Carlos E.R.
2024-02-26 15:26:37 UTC
Post by v***@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com
My wireless printer shows up on my debian.ubintu/caelinux and android
devices, but they don't seem to know to print to it.
Must I get a wifi router?
Depends on the printer. Read its manual. Does it support ad-hoc WiFi?

Then you need to publish all diagnostics and information you have on the
problem, we can not help otherwise.

This is off-topic here, anyway. You should ask in a Linux group for
learning how to print on Linux, how to connect a particular printer to it.
--
Cheers, Carlos.